Orthodontic treatment is no longer just for teens. In fact, the American Association of Orthodontists states that one in five orthodontic patients is over the age of 21, and you may be surprised to know that almost half of our patients are adults!
Many adults are choosing to receive treatment because they understand the importance of maintaining their health, and they want to feel better about their appearance. Adults everywhere are taking advantage of the opportunity to receive orthodontic care, and now you can too. From college students to parents, and even grandparents, we’re here for you every step of the way to ensure that your treatment process is a success.
Some of the more common reasons why you may consider orthodontic treatment as an adult can include:
- A bad bite or malocclusion, causing teeth to fit together incorrectly
- Teeth are crowded or spaced apart, possibly leading to tooth decay or gum disease
- Abnormal jaw pain or pressure that is caused by crooked teeth
- A desire for a healthier mouth and a more confident smile
Treatment Options for Adults
For many adults, the thought of having metal braces is enough to discourage them from receiving treatment. However, today’s options for braces are more comfortable, aesthetically appealing, and customized to fit your specific case. The types of braces we offer at Studio32 Orthodontics include metal braces, clear braces, gold braces, and fully customized Lightforce brackets. We’ll work with you to find the best option for you and your lifestyle.
We recognize that adults and children have different needs, and require different levels of attention and care. We will work with you to ensure that you receive the most appropriate treatments and that your needs are met with understanding and respect from us.
Why Should You Consider Orthodontic Treatment?
- Straight teeth are healthy teeth — Teeth that are properly aligned are easier to keep clean with flossing and brushing and may help prevent other health problems.
- A beautiful, straight smile builds confidence — Orthodontic treatment can help boost your self-confidence, giving you a better quality of life and the freedom to smile without holding back!
- Issues left untreated can worsen — Not receiving orthodontic treatment when it’s needed can create long-term health issues costing you more in the end.
If you’re considering braces as an adult, schedule a free consultation with one of our orthodontists and let us walk you through your treatment option. We understand that you have a busy schedule, and we will work with you to make sure each office visit is as quick and convenient as possible.